Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Heteroskedasticity blues

Well I woke up this morning
Econometric model on my mind
So I got myself some data
To see what I could find

Then I booted up my computer
And loaded up EViews
I ran a few regressions
But here comes the bad news

I got those old
heteroskedasticity blues
You can see from my diagnostics
I got those old heteroskedasticity blues

I tried logarithmic transforms
Expressed everything per head
Even interactive dummies
Everything the textbook said
And the pattern wasn't clear enough
For weighted least squares instead
I was tearing all the hair out
From my poor old achin' head

I got those old
heteroskedasticity blues
Yes you can see from my diagnostics
I got those old heteroskedasticity blues

But then I got to thinking
Everything's gonna be all right
I'll just follow the procedure
Of Professor Halbert White
Get robust standard errors
It's an option you can choose
'Cos it takes away the terror
Of t stats you can't use

Now they're gone
Those old heteroskedasticity blues
There's no need to be disheartened
By those old heteroskedasticity blues

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home